Recap by Oluwaseun Adeniji
BALTIMORE COUNTY, MD -- The Knights defeated Chesapeake College Tuesday night 10-0 in front of a home crowd on a very humid mid-October evening.
Freshman Varmah Siryon (Dundalk) had three goals, while freshmen Hunter Alchin (Spalding) and Shishir Bishwokarma (Baltimore City College) and sophomore Maycol Nunez (Washington-Lee) added two goals each. Sophomores Dominic Padilla (Bowie) and Seth Walter (C.Milton Wright) and freshman Henry Ortiz (Parkville) each had a goal.
Padilla also had two assists and freshman Noah Shade (Queen Anne's County) added an assist.
Records: CCBC Essex (11-4-0, 9-1-0) Chesapeake College (2-10-0, 1-9-0)
Location: Rosedale, MD
How It Went Down
- In the first four minutes, Siryon scored the Knights' first goal - his eighth goal of the season.
- Four minutes later, Nunez scored his seventh goal of the season.
- At 10:08, Walter took a free kick, and buried the shot in right corner of the net for his second goal of the season.
- After another two minutes, Siryon scored the Knights' fourth goal of the night, Nunez.
- At 19:01, Alchin scored the Knights' fifth goal - his second goal of the season - assisted by Padilla.
- At 28:29, Alchin scored his second goal of the game with another assist from Padilla.
- At 30:30, Adam Wise (Eastern Technical) looked to add to the Knights lead of 6-0, but his shot went wide left.
- At 34:18, John Assaro (Calvert Hall) put a shot on goal but Skipjacks' Charles "Luke" Edson made the save. Edson finished the game with nine saves.
- With one minute left in the first half, Walter's shot went wide left of the net and the Knights took a 6-0 lead into the break.
- Two minutes into the second half, Siryon scored his third and final goal to make it 7-0 Knights.
- At 49:06, Bishwokarma scored the Knights' eighth goal - his second of the season.
- At 56:15, SkipJacks' Edson made two saves on back-to-back shots by Nunez and then Henry Ortiz (Parkville).
- At 61:12, Nunez scored the Knights' ninth goal.
- At 75:11, Jacob Hicks put the SkipJacks' first shot on goal, which was saved by Kyle Cooper (Calvert Hall).
- At 86:01, Bishwokarma capped the Knights' scoring with an assist from Cameron Schnaack (Redeemer Classical Christian).
"The game went well," said head coach Joe Fiedler. "It was a tough game after this weekend where we went 0-2 and we just wanted to come out here and move the ball and we did pretty well. So, we got a lot of goals. I was happy about that, and we came out with no injuries, no cards and we're fine."
The Knights travel today to play Howard Community College. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.